Thursday, June 28, 2012

My New Favorite App

Pin It

I was chatting with a friend of mine about some of our favorite apps. When he  told me about this one, I couldn't wait to download it.
BooksApp
Where has this been all my life???? 

I can't even count the hours I've spent making spreadsheets of all of the books in my classroom library.   I feel like I have wasted so much time because this little app does it all easy peasy lemon squeezy!!  All you do is scan the Book's barcode and all the information about the book is downloaded to your phone automatically!   It even let's me keep track of books I have loaned to students and colleagues.  The best part...It's free!!!  


There is also a version for the iphone.

What are your favorite apps? 

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! I'm downloading this ASAP! I hate loaning out books and then having them go missing! Thanks for sharing :)

    Mrs. Wilson's World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me wonder what other amazing apps are out there????

      Delete
  2. This is awesome. I just emailed this app to our literacy facilitator as she has 100's of books and loans them out to teachers for guided reading all year long (via the 'write your name on a paper and which books and how many you've checked out method). I am going to use this in my class for our classroom library, students can just scan the barcode when they check it out and check it back in. I love it!

    ReplyDelete