Thanks Heidi for inviting me to play!!! I had to smile, this game comes to me on the very day I had a major sit down with all my sweeties about playing tag without tackling, pulling, pushing, and grabbing… luckily this sounds like much more fun!
Now onto the rules of this game: follow the guidelines and pass it on to 12 other lucky bloggers!
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
12 fun facts about me!
1. We have a Yorkie (2 years old) a Morkie (3 months old), and Cocker Spaniel (1 year old).
2. I love babies…and since I’m kinda out of the having baby phase, and not quite in the being a grandma phase our puppies are filling the gap!
3. I have five kids, who I absolutely adore. My oldest son left two weeks ago to serve as a missionary for our church in Mexico. My daughter is a sophomore in high school. She turns sixteen next month. She can’t wait to wreck…I mean drive my car My son is a seventh grader who plays the french horn, with gusto! Then comes my fifth grader who loves football. I would really like to buy him a pair of jeans that can withstand more than two weeks of recess. Last but certainly not least is my nine year old third grader. She can’t walk without skipping, hopping or dancing. She couldn’t live without singing!!
3. My sweetie proposed after eleven days. We were married four months later. Get this…our parents didn’t freak out! My children have been warned not to pull this kind of stunt…ever!
4. I’ve been married to this wonderful man for 21 years!
5. I was reading a website a few weeks back that talked about different names for Grandmas. So, I picked my grandma name “Grammy” or “Grams”. My daughter thinks I’m crazy, seeing that it will be quite a few years until I'll need one.
5. I pick restaurants based solely on whether or not they serve diet Coke.
6. I collect James Christensen art. My favorite piece is one called “The Responsible Women”.
7. I am a HUGE fan of the #1 ranked University of Utah Red Rocks women’s gymnastic team.
8. I’m actually a huge fan of all things University of Utah!
9. I have a space ship hanging in my garage. My husband and kids built it for a Star Wars movie they filmed and animated. Mr. Shumway does not believe in doing any project half way…see my post about the classroom pet debacle of 2010.
10. My dad nicknamed me Freddy Frog when I was a little girl.
11. I would like to run a marathon…actually I would like to like running
12. I married Leonard and gave birth to several Sheldons. (See my answer to question #2)
Here are the answers to Heidi’s questions:
1. Who's your favorite author? Nicholas Sparks
2. What's your favorite TV show? Big Bang Theory
3. Do you watch real time TV or do you Tivo? Tivo
4. Do you exercise? Where? When? How long? Does chasing first graders count?
5. What's your favorite thin to do on vacation? Boating
6. Are you a coffee a holic? diet coke a holic
7. What's your favorite time of day? any time except mornings
8. Do you have a favorite Bible Verse that get's you through the rough spots? Share? John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
9. Are you a real book holder...or a Kindle holder? Ipad holder
10. Want to come join me in my adventures in crewing as my husband runs across america?? You are a good wife!!
11. Do you have stability balls in your school? No, but I wish we did.
12. Do you use guided reading groups, daily five, or something altogether different? guided reading/daily five
Now my questions for the twelve bloggers below:
1. What grade is your favorite to teach? Why?
2. What book are you reading right now? Would you recommend it?
3. Do you like marshmallows in your hot chocolate?
4. Have you done something you saw on Pinterest this week?
5. What time do you usually go to bed? What time do you wake up?
6. What is your favorite HEALTHY food?
7. Do you make your bed? Everyday?
8. Do you like crunchy or smooth peanut butter?
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. What is your favorite piece of technology in your classroom?
11. Do shoes make you happy?
12. List your top three favorite children’s books?
I’m “hopping” off to tag these amazing bloggers!!