Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Where We've Been

Pin It You may have noticed we haven't posted on the blog for a few months. We wondered whether or not we should address it, but we decided it would make things make a little bit more sense. The past few months have been really rough for our family. In February of this year, Rob started getting really sick. We thought it might have been an ulcer or a gall bladder issue, but after a few weeks of things not improving he went to the doctor. They did an ultrasound and found tumors all over his liver. He had an advanced melanoma removed from the top of his head about 7 years ago. We thought we were in the clear when they removed it and he didn't show any sign of further cancer for 5 years, but it had apparently metastasized to at least his liver and lungs. Things took a turn for the worst at the end of February and he was admitted to the hospital on March 2nd. On March 4th he passed away. It was his 47th birthday. He really never has done anything half way.



My dad is one of my very best friends. He has always been so full of life. He never stops smiling. He is the epitome of selflessness. He tells the best stories and has the best laugh. His laugh has always been one of my favorite sounds. He always knows exactly the right thing to say. He got me through a lot of hard things growing up purely because I knew that my daddy loved me. He is one of the very hardest workers I know. He is brilliant. I swear, he knows how to do everything. He taught me everything I know from exotic pets to movie making to sports cars to water skiing to fixing things to changing a tire on my car to appreciating good food to setting up a tent to understanding the scriptures, and every other dad thing in between. He taught me how a dad is supposed to treat his wife and his kids. He taught me about forever families. He taught me what unconditional love looks like. He taught me that I am strong and beautiful on the inside and out. I think most important of all, he taught me how to love God with all of my heart, and I will never be able to thank him enough for that. 

This has been a very difficult year for our family. We have cried a lot together, and we have grown a lot together. We have many challenges ahead, but we are grateful we have each other to lean on, and that we believe we will see him again. He has left a legacy of hard work and faith, and we are trying to continue to pass it on. 

Thank you for understanding our absence. We are working hard to find a new normal, and we are so excited to be back in the world of teaching.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband - he was so young. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete